|Employment Policy:||Employment equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart – Poetry|
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the brand’s annual marketing strategy, timeline and budgets, managing relationships with our creative and media agencies, liaising with financial partners, shopping malls and stores, coordination and reporting of customer events.
The role requires that the incumbent:
- Manage the marketing function’s project to holistically conceptualize, implement and execute customer-focused, business-led campaign strategies to enhance the customer experience across all market touchpoints.
- Attract, inform and retain the customer by guaranteeing an improved experience to serve and retain the customer.
- Influencing customer brand experience and brand perception in the market.
Key performance areas:
Increase revenue through customer acquisition and retention
- Manage the media strategy project to ensure inclusion of targeted publications to drive new market acquisition
- Lead the development of creative concepts to conquer new markets
- Plan, brief and execute marketing campaigns
- Database growth through marketing initiatives
- Support PR in executing influencer and event strategy
- Drive the sustainability strategy across all touchpoints
- Leverage financial and loyalty partners, increasing revenue
Build unique customer-centric capability for enhanced customer experience
- Develop data-driven strategies to improve the customer’s in-store and online shopping experience
- Strategize and manage the customer journey through brand campaigns and marketing touchpoints
- Inform and coordinate research through external and internal stakeholders to identify customer acquisition and retention opportunities
- Marketing the loyalty program through marketing channels
Develop a high-performance and innovative culture
- Drive collaboration within the team to ensure a culture of excellence for pre- and post-campaign deliverables
- Manage external and internal vendors and independent resources to meet deliverables on time
- Reports and notices
- Live the values of the company through audacity, trust, passion and innovation
Maintain USP/Competitive Advantage
- Strategize and implement media collaborations to build meaningful connections with our clients
- Drive the “Goodvertising” narrative across all marketing channels with internal and external stakeholders
- Driving the destination strategy narrative throughout the marketing strategy
Develop effective, efficient and agile processes
- Establish project management processes and timelines to optimize team workflow
- Drive SOPs to ensure consistent delivery of results
- Managing relationships with internal and external resources to deliver results on time and on budget
- Budget management (execution within the stipulated budget)
- Submission of budget reconciliation on time
- Observe and contribute to marketing processes to facilitate great creative and marketing campaigns.
Qualifications and experience:
- A graduate degree in Marketing or in a similar field (marketing, corporate communication, events, etc.)
- Minimum of three years of experience in a senior position in marketing (beneficial retail).
- Proven experience in event management, including budgets, event planning and administration (project/campaign management) and project management of a team.
- Proven experience in ATL and essential budget management
- Valid driver’s license preferred
Skills and competences:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to write reports and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to continually grow and improve online and offline networks
- A confident, self-directed and highly organized team player; able to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in the MS Office suite (Excel and Powerpoint in particular) with strong organizational and administrative skills
- Proficient social media user, very familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Marketing knowledge and commercial sensitivity, as well as a strong affinity for our Outdoor brands: Cape Union Mart and K-Way.
- Valid SA driver’s license
- Strategic and global thinker
- Proactive and assertive in order to meet company deadlines
Please Note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to processing. Appointments and promotions will be made on the basis of candidates who best meet the requirements of the position. Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team, in accordance with our employment equity plan.
Posted Aug 16 10:36, Closing date Sep 14