We are looking for a talented writer to join our editorial team. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, you will be responsible for researching and preparing technical and market specs in our portfolio of global digital polymer industry magazines. The role will also include preparing news stories and social media posts.
If you are self-starter, eager to progress and looking for a varied role in a truly international industry, we would love to hear from you. Our head office is located in Bristol, but we are open to applications from UK-based candidates who wish to work remotely.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare feature articles on the AMI digital magazine portfolio.
- Write engaging and informative news articles.
- Prepare social media posts for AMI’s @PlasticsWorld Twitter feed.
- Formulate and undertake structured research to provide informed and comprehensive feature articles that respond to the brief provided.
- Conduct interviews by email, web or phone as required.
- Ensure that articles/news/publications meet required editorial standards for style, accuracy and fairness and take into account all required legal considerations.
- Support advertising staff by identifying potential advertisers.
- Represent AMI’s digital magazines at live and virtual exhibitions and media events.
- Support AMI’s Events Department in the development of targeted and engaging conference programs.
- Keep up to date with business trends and come up with ideas for new content and written materials.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- University or similar level education with proven experience in writing technical magazines, preferably acquired in an engineering or science sector.
- Confident manner with previous experience of interviewing senior corporate executives.
- Proven ability to research, gather and analyze information.
- Good understanding of media law.
- Proven writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a full range of benefits to help you make the most of your finances, protect your future and take care of your health. These include a 5% employer pension contribution, 25 days of leave and a health insurance plan, as well as dedicated health and wellness support .
We’re happy to talk about flexible working, so please chat with the hiring manager if you’d like to explore alternative working models and we’ll do our best to support you where possible.
If you have any questions or need more information about the role, please contact the editor, Chris Smith.
Applications must be submitted online.