We are looking for a new writer/blogger to join our full-time team. We are a sports website/blog covering the hottest viral content in the sports world every day. You need to have an eye for what makes a great story and have a strong interest in writing about the content. We have high standards for writing and grammar.
You will be responsible for posting multiple blog posts each day, based on sports related topics you find, latest sports news or original content.
Please note: Your shifts will be activated afternoons/evenings (e.g. 3-9pm PT) and you will work on weekends in addition to several weekdays. Also note the writing task at the end of the list.
Job responsibilities include:
– Present/Research and publish 5-12 blog posts per shift
– Quickly spot and react to new trends using sources such as Google Trends, Twitter, Facebook and other platforms
– Use Google Analytics to spot trends and identify opportunities
– Promote our content via our Facebook page (need a FB account for this) and our mobile application
– Use our photo account to access photos, which you will need to crop and size to accompany your stories
Desired skills and requirements:
Interested in this role? Along with submitting your resume, please attach a sample blog post based on a hot sports story from that day, along with a title of your story. Your ability to carefully read and follow instructions is essential, which is why you will not be considered for this position if you do not include a sample blog post in your application.