American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forestry consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of private forest land and has sold over $3.2 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With over 290 employees operating from 52 offices located in 17 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting customer needs by providing a full range of forestry services. Our small offices dispersed across regions allow us to provide individualized services, and our large global size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large and complex jobs.
As a member of the AFM Marketing team, the position will create, write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, video and social media), work closely with AFM management, internal clients, designers and third parties. suppliers, to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop creative messaging that aligns with corporate brand standards. The position will lead research efforts and conduct interviews to understand the products/services and marketing objectives of the industry.
• Work closely with internal teams and external third-party vendors to participate in all stages of the creative content development process, including brainstorming, concept development and messaging
• Develop copy that connects with the target audience and drives action with consistent messaging across a variety of platforms
• Produce written materials in a variety of formats, including print (including but not limited to brochures, direct mail, proposals), website, social media, video, and presentations
• Proofread written work and online content
• Meet with internal customers to understand the target audience and the message the company wants to communicate.
• Researches and edits texts used in various forms of advertising.
• Manage time and establish priorities in collaboration with the manager while maintaining the flexibility to respond to changing demands
• Presents ideas to internal customers and third-party vendors and modifies them based on feedback provided.
• Supervises the production of publicity material.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
• Participates in the preparation of company proposals
• Knowledge, experience and ability to use web applications, Outlook, Microsoft Word (proficient), Microsoft Excel (proficient). Additional skills desired, but not required: Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access.
Knowledge and skills:
• Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated marketing experience in a variety of mediums
• Experience working with marketing, advertising or PR campaigns for print and digital media
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a workload that often requires short turnaround times
• Ability to think creatively and strategically
• Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with a variety of people within the organization
• Ability to execute consistent brand messages across multiple product lines and platforms, including social media
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and multi-task
• Must be thorough and organized
Training and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Advertising or Communications
• Experience of at least three to five years in a similar role
Salary and benefits:
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Paid vacation
• Calendar of paid holidays
• Health Care and Disability Plan
• 401(K) retirement plan
• Eligible for annual bonus plan