When it comes to product marketing, PMA is the biggest fish in the pond. We unite thousands of product marketers (over 40,000 at the time of writing) across the globe and each of these members has a common mission: to drive demand, adoption and overall success for their products, as well as role awareness.
Since day one, PMA has lived and breathed content – and we have no plans to stop. From our news stories and podcasts to our articles, e-books, interviews – and more, we add value to our community through words every day.
We went from 0 to 100. To continue on our current trajectory, we need an incredibly talented and strategic wordsmith to join the team and take our content strategy from 100 to 200.
If you’re passionate about words, brimming with ideas, and like to get stuck, you might be suited for this role.
Salary: From £31,000 annual base salary
- 25 days of vacation (excluding public holidays) plus an additional day off on your birthday
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up, unparalleled learning opportunities, with excellent progression opportunities
- Flexible hours, early summer finishes and work-from-home opportunities
- New technological equipment: laptop, screen, mouse, keyboard. We got you covered
Principal Content Writer Requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior editor position
- Experience managing at least one editor
- Experience in SaaS and/or B2B/ technical writing is desirable
Responsibilities of the main content writer:
- Build and own the content strategy and tie everything we do to organizational goals, community needs and product marketing trends.
- Execution on blogs, reports, podcasts, social networks, etc. included in these strategies.
- Directly manage a junior writer and support their personal and professional growth.
- Work closely with community marketing, events and social media teams to ensure we operate as one cohesive team and maximize everyone’s output.
- Understanding and translating technical topics into ultra-engaging and authoritative texts.
- Report and analyze all of our content-related data and use this data to propose and make decisions.
- Lead projects from scratch with little supervision and take initiative to solve problems.
- Have a close grasp of the competitive landscape and come up with creative ideas and strategies to keep your community three steps ahead.
- Connecting the dots between content and commercial.
- Be on the lookout for content best practices – period. And be proactive in sharing them and integrating them into our own strategies.
- Collaborate with design and have a keen eye on what works aesthetically with copy.
Skills without which you will not survive as a senior content writer:
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proactivity. Whether it’s talking to our community, coming up with new ideas, or predicting trends, you’ll thrive in forward-thinking environments and aren’t afraid to put your best foot forward.
- Effective time management and ability to manage internal and external dependencies.
- Solid working understanding of SEO, email and social media
- Strong understanding of conversion best practices – what words and language get people to buy? Where to place CTAs to encourage clicks? What type of copy makes people trust us?
- Ability to work confidently and independently when needed.
- Concise communication and internal advocate for the importance of content.
- We have offices in London and Manchester. This role can be fully remote, office-based, or hybrid.